Finally complete!

After 3 long weeks and many failures, the flower box is complete!

flowerboxclosenewflowerboxopennew

The biggest thing I learned from this was that sanding is so crucial.  Now that I have everything sanded correctly and the tolerances right, it moves flawlessly!  Everything except the base with the feet was printed on my Hyrel (don’t quite have support settings right yet on the hyrel…. hint… another post in the future will fix that!).  This was definitely one of the more complicated assemblies that I have put together, so it was nice to see it all work.  a tea candle will be able to sit right in the center hole and look gorgeous.

The wood-infused PLA is a cool material as well, because it looks just like real wood!  I ended up sanding, staining, and polyurethaning all the surfaces to give it a nice finished look, so I think it turned out pretty well!

The next post will be back to Hyrel and dual head configuration, so look forward to that!

John (aka The Mad Printer)

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s