Hey everyone! Sorry for the extreme delay between blog posts, but I’ve been having to deal with life a lot more than normal. Anyways, I tried printing a few more things with my current Simplify3d settings, and I realized my retraction settings weren’t quite correct. I was getting some gaps in my sidewalls. I realized that this was due to me having 3 unprime instructions and only 1 prime instruction. The next experiments with Simplify3d will be 2 things:
1.) adding another prime instruction to hopefully get rid of the gaps in the sidewalls of the print.
2.) refining support material settings to the point where they actually work well.
Hopefully I can get this soon! Stay tuned
John (aka The Mad Printer)