The start of a project!

So, one project I’ve been wanting to do is print a vase that I cadded a while back!  Sorry it took me a little while to blog about it, but I needed to find a continuous 28-hour period for it to print (since that’s how long it’s going to take haha).  I tried to print it once, but my previous simplify3d settings weren’t as good as the ones I have now!  To show the difference:

vase2vase4vase3

The red print is the newest attempt, and the white print is the older attempt with the old settings!  Just from looking at the picture, you can see a very marked difference.  The white print has some gaps and extrusion issues, while the red print is incredibly smooth!  Having a printer perfectly dialed in makes for gorgeous prints.  Furthermore, when you see the inside of the vase, it doesn’t have any stringing at all, which means I have my retraction settings perfect as well!

vase1

The only reason I stopped before the vase was complete is because the power in my apartment went out for a period of time, causing the print to fail.  So, lesson learned, always have battery backup!  I will try to print the full vase again soon, so stay tuned!

 

John (aka The Mad Printer)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s