Netfabb to the rescue!

So I realized that, upon looking at all the pieces of the barstool project, I was missing a piece.  This was a big problem, because since I did all those cuts by hand in Netfabb, it would be very hard to come up with the missing segment.  However, I had an idea!  If I import all the pieces in netfabb like so:

barstool screenshot

and then overlay a copy of the original STL, I could precisely slice the original STL to give me the missing piece!  After a lot of scaling and precise motion, it worked out flawlessly!  I present to you the missing piece:

barstoolNewPiece

Now, I just have to get a continuous chunk of time to print said piece (probably during the weekend!) and the project will continue.

 

John (aka The Mad Printer)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s