is finally over!! So, now I can get back to printing and chronicling my journey with Hyrel printers! I did manage to print the grey dice with glow in the dark dots, but there were a few problems, as evidenced from the below picture of my result:
1.) The different heads are perfectly aligned! the holes are exactly where they should be and
filled in completely.
2.) When one head was printing, the other head did not ooze at all! This helps avoid bumps
and blobs on the print
1.) The surface finish is not up to par with what I normally see from this printer. This is
100% due to the fact that I didn’t have fans on to cool the surface as I was printing.
2.) When I try to have the fans on, changing to the other head halts printing entirely. On
head change, the printer waits for the head to come up to temperature. However, since
I have the fans on, the head will never come up to temperature. While it waits, it won’t
even respond to commands I send it to turn the fans off, so it hangs indefinitely and
Since I’m new to two-head printing with Hyrel printers, there is probably some setting that I don’t have enabled, so my plan is to work with the guys at Hyrel to figure that out. However, initial results are a step in the right direction!
That’s all for now, and I’ll keep everyone updated going forward.
John (aka The Mad Printer)